Friday, March 13, 2009

Our Current Economy

Pathways Advisory Group, Inc.
Dustin Smith, CFP®













I’ve had many discussions with clients about the state of our economy and the direction of our country over the past few months.

Some people are confident about where our new president will take this country, but many are concerned about the scope of government intervention we are experiencing (in the “stimulus package”). These opinions are influenced by many things - political beliefs, personality, age, mood, etc.

I have my own opinions and I share some concerns; however, I argue that you don’t have to agree with everything in the “package” to be optimistic about the future. Hopefully, some of the concerns will subside as confidence is restored and our systems improve, allowing us to apply what we’ve learned through the mistakes of the past few years. (There is not enough room here to list them all, as there are quite a few.) In my opinion, the “package” simply has to be successful enough to restore confidence, allowing capitalism and private industry to restore prosperity.

I don’t know how long it will take, but there is reason to be optimistic about the future.